Friday 12 October 2018


Thursday 11th November 2018

The weather was a little different today – we delayed going this morning as there was some rain, and it didn’t look hopeful, but by about 10am the sun came out and we all dashed out of our respective homes to descend on Skipton and see how much we could get done before the forecast rain came. 





We were lucky in that we were able to keep working until well past 1 p.m.  The sunny skies soon turned a bit dull, which made the task of reading many of the inscriptions a little more difficult. Peter’s super-duper LED torch was used to provide some raking light and clarifying some of them, but it’s evident that some RTI photography will be needed.


When the kitchen extension was added to the back of the church in 1979 some old gravestones were cut up for use as steps.
I continued taking ordinary photographs -  Not always easy for a short person like me – even standing on a double-step step-ladder I can only just get a ledger in frame provided I stretch right up and hold my arms out at full stretch. Sometimes I couldn’t really see what I was taking even with my swivel display screen as the sun was in my eyes. Still I think I got most of them ok. 

Jane Lunnon, Embsay Research Group.


No comments:

Post a Comment